For 749S, 749R, 2004 and later 999R, 1098R
Instructions for use:
- Zero the calipers in a closed position.
- Open the calipers to 4.07mm
- Zero the calipers in that position
- Insert tool into the closer shim
- Insert tool with closer shim into calipers
- Measure from the top of the tool to the bottom of the closer shim. Do NOT force the calipers closed and do NOT force the tool into the closer shim. Otherwise you’re reading will be invalid.
- Remeasure several times until you get a feel for the proper measurement. Be GENTLE.
- Read my shim how-to guidelines and bracket any shim order.