A Combo Deal for those wanting both the maintenance guide for their model of Ducati AND my Motorcycle Essentials book. See below for details.
Desmoquattro Maintenance & Modification Guide Final Edition – All belt drive Ducatis
Covers the Following Models – 748, 749, 851, 848, 888, 916, 996, 998, 999, 1098, 1198, ST4, ST4S, S4, S4R, S4RS, L2 MTS950/L2 MTS1200/L2 MTS1260, Hypermotard/Hyperstrada 821/939/950 , Streetfighter 848/1098, Diavel, Xdiavel, Supersport 939/950, Monster 821/950/1200
- 5th and Final Edition of this manual includes experiences from the author’s 25 years of wrenching on Ducatis.
- Hardcopy Only. My books are NOT available digitally.
- 397 pages, each packed with information on how to maintain & modify your Ducati.
- 2022 Edition – I’m ahead of my time.
- 50% more tech content compared to previous edition.
- Used by owners and technicians alike as a must-have maintenance resource.
- The definitive “do it yourself” guide for maintaining your L2 desmoquattro
- Over 1000 Pictures.
- Question/Answer inset boxes in each chapter with frequently asked questions.
- Step-by-Step instruction sequences provided for periodic services.
- Every Chapter has been enhanced and expanded to include the latest techniques and tips.
- Inset Tips Boxes with important reminders for maintenance checks.
- Reference section in each chapter for where to find parts and tools.
- Recommended modifications given within each chapter.
- Includes DVT servicing.
- Torque Specifications given within each chapter.
NOTE1: Only for belt drive Desmoquattros – NOT for – D16RR, Panigale, V4 Ducatis or any other 4-valve Ducati without little rubber bands that move the cams round and round.
NOTE2: This is the final edition. There will be no follow-on Desmoquattro manuals.
NOTE3: My books are NOT available in digital format. When they digitize you, I’ll digitize my books.
Motorcycle Essentials – 2023 Edition
A compilation of new and updated articles written by me for motorcycle magazines over the years. In essence, it’s my swan song of writing in the field of moto-journalism. The table of contents should provide enough of an overview to give prospective readers the gist of the book. Shipping NOW.
- 275 pages of awesomeness
- Softbound 8.5″x11″
- Not available digitally
- Over 250 black and white photos
- Covers the gamut of topics for both new and veteran riders
- Includes tips and techniques for squashing common problems that riders face
- Sets up riders for a lifetime in the saddle.
- Enduring content that has stood the test of time in terms of relevance to the sport of motorcycling
Chapter 1—Starting Out: The Beginner Rider
Chapter 2—Advanced Riders
Chapter 3—Female Riders
Chapter 4—Purchasing a New or Used Motorcycle
Chapter 5—Motorcycle Ergonomics
Chapter 6—Selling a Motorcycle
Chapter 7—Motorcycle Collections
Chapter 8—Multiple Bike Disorder
Chapter 9—Motorcycle Clubs
Chapter 10—Motorcycle Fitness & Coping with Injuries
Chapter 11—Solo Riding
Chapter 12—Aftermarket Hell
Chapter 13—Garages & Workshops
Chapter 14—How to Get Your Significant Other Involved
Chapter 15—Rider Archetypes
Chapter 16—Combat Touring
Chapter 17—Off-Road Riding
Chapter 18—Motorcycle Restoration
Chapter 19– Trackbikes & Trackdays
Chapter 20—Wrenching Endeavors
Chapter 21—Essential Tech
Chapter 22—Preparing for Winter & Spring
Chapter 23—The World of Motorcycling – Data and Trends