When: 5-6 November 2022
Where: “The Ark” at Desmo Times
Address: 575 Childers St, Pensacola FL 32534
Time: 0830-1700 Sat, 0900-1200 Sunday
Cost: $100 for one day, $140 for both days – lunch/refreshments included on Saturday*
0830 – 0930 – Historical Overview – Ducati Problems and Fixes
0930 – 1030 – The Table of Shame – Review of broken parts in my collection
1030 – 1100 – Clutch Setup
1100 – 1200 – Basic Maintenance – Oil, Coolant, Tires, Chains, Sprockets, Adjustments, ergonomics
1200 – 1300 – Working Lunch – Trailering and Sport-Towing
1300 – 1600 – Valve Adjust Basics – Two-Valve and Four-Valve Pre-testastretta and Testastretta
1600 – 1700 – Cam Belt removal/installation
1830 – ???? – 20th Anniversary Party
0830 – 1200 – Fuel Injection Basics and Setup on Ducatis
- Donald Quire – Seminole FL — ’95 900SS/SP
- Chris Quire – Seminole FL — ’98 916
- Nicholas Serio – Ogdensburg, NY — ’06 749s, ’14 MTS 1200S, 18 Scrambler Icon, ’20 V4 Panigale
- Kevin Priest – Washington Court House, OH –’94 ’96 ’98 SS, ’06 ST3
- Jerry Scarola – Bakersfield, CA — ’06 Sport 1000, ’07 S4RS
- Gregg Kirby – Brevard, NC — ’04 ST4S, , ’95 916, ’92 900SS
- Gary Rhode – Clovis, NM –’96 916
- Matthew Stanton – Raeford, NC — ’00 ST2, ’97 M900
- Greg McDaniel – Elon, NC — ’97 916
Registration is open to the first 10 Ducatisti at a fee of $100 for the one-day seminar and $140 for the two-day seminar. Fill out the information below and add the seminar to your “cart”.
Maintenance Seminar411 for Customers attending one of my Seminars
Q: What things will be covered in the seminar?
A: The schedule for the seminar is posted above in terms of the activities.
Q: Will there be any hands-on activities?
A: Most of the seminar is hands-on on static displays.
Q: Will you offer similar seminars in the future?
A: This is the 5th Seminar I’ve held. Future ones are always doubtful because of the time required for setup/preparation.
Q: Can items be purchased during the seminar?
A: Yes, they can. I’ll fill any requests at the end of the day. I’ll offer a 10% discount on any purchase for attendees. I’ll honor the discount for any stockouts. Orders MUST be placed PRIOR to the seminar. I don’t have time that day to be filling orders, so if you order prior to the seminar, I can charge you, apply the discount and box it up for you.
Q: Why is the class so small?
A: The intent was to provide individualized instruction rather than attract a big crowd. With only 1 instructor, there are limitations to what I can provide.
Q: What is the cancellation policy?
A: Student cancellations prior to 1 July will receive a 100% refund (minus the 3.5% service fee I’m charged for online transactions), Between 1 July and 1 Sept a 50% refund will be granted, and cancellations after 1 Sept will not be refunded.
Q: What do we need to bring to the seminar?
A: Static displays will be used to go over engine specifics, and pads/pens will be provided to take notes. Just bring your keen intellect and a healthy curiosity about Ducatis.
Comments from attendees:
What did you like about the seminar?
- “Meeting new Ducatista, the chance to perform some of the maintenance tasks hands on, the free flow of Q & A, the way the hands-on made the manual much more understandable, the chance to see what tasks I would be comfortable w/ those that I would not be comfortable with.
- “We got to learn first hand from an expert a lot of information about maintaining Ducati motorcycles. I wanted to see the tools and procedures for general maintenance along with some hands on with the valves and I got that. I’m sure that I am among many who’ve made it way too difficult in my own head to work on Ducatis and that just doesn’t seem to be the case anymore.
- “The seminar was very well thought out and presented. It offered something for everyone who attended. In our class, there were guys who had previous experience wrenching and then there were some who wanted to gain the basic knowledge of performing maintenance tasks where we had to overcome the fear of working on our own bikes. I was in the latter group and I walked away with a much better understanding of what was involved and how to perform the tasks correctly and If I decide not to do the work myself, I now know what qustions to ask my Ducati terchnican.
- “The topics were right on target for what my interests needed. I felt that my little bit of knowledge was supplemented and expanded to the point I have more information and confidence when i perform maintenance on the bikes.
- “The ability to perform a hands on inspection and view the components of different engines & bikes without having to tear down your own bike is excellent. The class is a great opportunity to bridge the gap between the repair manual and actually performing the maintenance. It is difficult to pick up the nuances of little things to look out for while having the bike apart while just referring to a book. Having customer bikes to look at how components look and wear over time & miles is helpful in getting a feel for what to look out for in maintaining your own bike. The class is also an excellent opportunity to meet other people with similar motorcycling interests to share their riding, maintenance, dealership and overcharged credit card purchase experiences associated with the Ducati lifestyle. I would definitely recommend this class to friends whether or not they were ever interested in performing their own maintenance.
- “Very well structured, organized and timed. After all LT is a teacher. It filled the gaps in my knowledge that the manual (and pictures) was a little fuzzy on. Can’t wait for the new book. All the people were great. Potato salad.