This takes the guesswork out of setting slack, which is one of the more challenging aspects of having a chain-drive bike. Set it too loose and driveline lash exists creating on-off throttle problems and creating unbalanced chain stretch. Set tension too tight and prematurely wear sprockets and jeopardize output shat bearings. This simple tool alleviates the guesswork.
- Accurately and quickly measures chain slack.
- Two scales measure both chain slack and chain to swingarm clearance in millimeters.
- Setting chain slack properly dramatically improves chain life.
- Light weight compact design fits easily in your tool box or road kit.
- Works on most street and dirt bike applications up to 75 mm chain slack.