’91-’98 Ducati 900SS Axle Adjuster Bolts- set of 2
These Stainless Steel (A4-70 Grade) bolts replace the stock rusty crappy bolts on Ducati 900SS models with Aluminum Swingarms. Reuse your stock brass nuts. A common malady on 900SS models is the adjuster bolts rust and seize inside the swingarm. These stainless bolts will resist corrosion. Apply a coating of moly lube or grease when replacing.
NOTE1: If your bolts have already seized here’s the fix.
- First, do NOT try to force them out or you’ll snap off the head of the bolts and then have to get a machinist to drill them out.
- Remove Swingarm
- Locate holes on either side of swingarm used for chain sliders or rear brake line anchor points. Spray in a few ounces of your favorite anti-seize penetrating solvent.
- Lean the swingarm against the wall with the rear pointing down. This will allow the penetrating solvent to do it’s thing.
- After a week or two attempt to gently wiggle the bolts free. If still stuck let it sit some more with the penetrating solvent.
- If bolts remain stuck, a machinist will have to drill them out.